Wednesday, July 11, 2012

My! What I guy, that Gaston!

So I haven't written in awhile--surprise, surprise. Since I wrote last, there's been a few big things that have happened.

At school, we got a schedule change because the M4, M5, and M6 students all leave school at 11am on Fridays to go to military training.  This means the whole weekly schedule gets revised.  As a result, writing is no longer its own subject.  I do have a co-teacher again, which is good, and it's Bence, so that's a win!  However, I now only teach every third class because the other times the class is devoted to reading.  So for two of every three weeks, I go to class and stand there, bored, as Megan and Bence teach reading (which they admit is boring too).  Plus, I keep getting extra, inane tasks that take me out of the few classes I do have to do work that is pointless and tedious and makes me hate SG and my job.  Needless to say, for awhile there I was in a bit of a funk about being here and I was wondering how I was going to make it through a year of this.  If it would not have been for feeling like I was letting Bence and my students down, I might have tendered my resignation and left in October after the first semester.

Then, I met Gaston, the love of my life!  Haha.  Basically, I finally went to dance class one Sunday with Amanda.  It was Contemporary Ballet taught by Gaston.  For an hour and a half I was so happy!  I didn't think about school at all while I was there, instead I was having fun and mostly thinking about how to correct all of my body position issues that I have from not having danced in a few years and never having trained really well.  I never realized how much I missed dance class because I just sort of faded out of it.  But, during that first class I remembered how much I love doing it and how much joy it brings!  To watch Gaston dance, he does the routine all out every time, smiling and performing to himself in the mirror.  It's a little bit funny, but mostly he looks so gosh darn happy you just want to jump in and do it too!  Since that first class, I have been going to five classes a week, four nights of the week, three of which are with Gaston.  I am going to have absolutely no money, but it is worth it because I am mentally and physically much healthier than I was three weeks ago.

Gaston, whom I LOVE, by the way, is a tiny, noticeably gay, Argentinian man in his late 30s or 40s who speaks fluent Spanish(obviously), English, and Japanese, and a little bit of Thai.  He is amazing!  For more details about all of the reasons I love Gaston, you can see Meg's Facebook wall because I update her pretty regularly.

In summation, school this year is more frustrating than last, but two super small, gay men are keeping me here and happy! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment